pivot-user mailing list archives

From Superstring Media <superstring.me...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jfxtras-users] Future of the JFXtras Project
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2010 19:36:48 GMT
Exciting developments are happening at Apache Pivot where we just added SVG support this morning
via SVGSalamander. Please feel welcome to have a peek at what Pivot has to offer as we are
also excited about the possibilities of working with JavaFX 2.0 as it becomes available.

http://pivot.apache.org/index.html
http://apache-pivot-users.399431.n3.nabble.com/
http://apache-pivot-developers.417237.n3.nabble.com/

Thom

On 2010-09-30, at 1:55 PM, Stephen Chin wrote:

> In case you haven't caught the news from the presentation Dean and I did last week at
JavaOne, here is the summary:

> Our mission hasn't changed...  we will continue to provide quality JavaFX add-ons.
>
> Going forward we will migrate non-overlapping functionality to the new Java APIs, and
will continue to fill new gaps as they are identified.

> The reality is that we have nothing new to work with at this time, so until Oracle releases
a public SDK we are blocked.  Hopefully they will be able to do this early and often so we
can develop in tandem with the JavaFX 2.0 release.

> We are not going to do any significant development (other than bugfixes and patch integration)
for the current JFXtras 0.7 codeline.  It simply doesn't make sense to spend a lot of time
writing JavaFX code that will have to be ported in a few months.

> If you are itching to help out in the meantime, please jump on the new Visage project
to keep the JavaFX compiler alive: