pivot-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fluid, Scalable Pivot UI's
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 02:33:46 GMT
So now that I have everything going great horizontally ... any tips on
my vertical problem? The split pane seems to want to go to height 0
unless I give it a specific preferred height. Putting it in a Boxpane
with horizontal orientation and fill:true doesn't seem to want to
stretch it out either. Nor does sticking a border around it - my naive
attempts at getting this to work so far...any tips?

Thanks so much for the great help,

- Mark

On 9/15/10 8:11 PM, Greg Brown wrote:
> I think I see the problem. You are using a BoxPane as the tab component. By default,
box panes are horizontally-oriented. When "fill" is set to true, a horizontal BoxPane will
fill in the vertical direction. However, you want to fill in the horizontal direction. Changing
the orientation to vertical (and maintaining the fill style) would probably resolve your layout
issue. However, a simpler fix would be to simply use the Border as the tab component and eliminate
the BoxPane (a Border always stretches its content to fill the entire client area). Let me
know if that doesn't work.