pivot-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fluid, Scalable Pivot UI's
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 22:38:45 GMT
Here it is, along with two screen shots. I am using scroll panes.

Part of my problem is that while I would like the tab pane to stretch
the width of the window, it only seems to stretch the width of the
longest text line I put in there. The split pane and it's child controls
don't seem to push it to the right - but if I make a really long label,
the tab pane makes room for it.

The first screenshot shows how things load up - one table and then a box
pane with a button and some text. There is also another table to the
right that doesn't show though - it's cut off by the tab pane. The
second screen shows the table if you slide the split pane.

I'd like everything to expand to the width of the window - width:100% on
that tab pane. Or at least create something that looks as nice. I'd also
like to see the second table - you can make plenty of room, but I can't
get it to show everything in the split page unless I pin the width of
the tab pane, or a box pane to some arbitrary large number.

It also doesn't change when I drag the window bigger - you don't see any
more of the split pane content - everything stays at a fixed size.

- Mark