pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re:
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 00:09:05 GMT
That's correct. You can also use a hexadecimal value to specify a color with an alpha channel:
0x00aa00aa, for example.

On Sep 26, 2010, at 11:28 AM, Chris Bartlett wrote:

> That should read
>
> *I think* you can also specify a colour of your choice in your json style file with this
syntax...

> On 26 September 2010 22:25, Chris Bartlett <cbartlett.x@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Terra theme palette colours are shown graphically in the javadocs (scroll down a
bit)
> http://pivot.apache.org/1.5.1/docs/api/org/apache/pivot/wtk/skin/terra/package-summary.html
>
> You can also specify a colour of your choice in your json style file with this syntax,
but I'm not in a position to be able check & confirm right now.

> color: "#00aa00"
>
> Chris
>
> On 26 September 2010 22:02, Oladapo Animashaun <oladapoanimashaun@hotmail.co.uk>
wrote:
> thanks,  got it working :-)
>
> but i have another question, was looking at the command_buttons.json file, it contents
shown below:

> {   color: 4,
>
>     backgroundColor: 16,
>
>     borderColor: 13,
>
>     disabledBackgroundColor: 10,
>
>     disabledBorderColor: 7,
>
>     padding: {top:3, left:4, bottom:3, right:4},
>
>     minimumAspectRatio: 3
>
> }
>

> as you might imagine, the look and feel of the button is dictated by the colors used.
Is there anywhere i can get a full list of supported colors and their corresponding numbers.
Thanks again.

> pivot-newbie
>

> From: gkbrown@mac.com
> Subject: Re:
> Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 10:10:43 -0400
> To: user@pivot.apache.org
>

> Note that in Pivot 2.0, this is specified as follows:
>
> <PushButton wtkx:id="okButton" buttonData="%ok"
>     styleName="org.apache.pivot.wtk.skin.terra.commandButton"/>

> On Sep 25, 2010, at 10:37 PM, Chris Bartlett wrote:
>
> I think you are referring to this style file.
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/tags/v1.5.1/wtk-terra/src/org/apache/pivot/wtk/skin/terra/command_button.json
>
> This example (lines 43 & 45) shows how to refer to a style file that is defined in
the same package as your code
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/tags/v1.5.1/wtk-terra/src/org/apache/pivot/wtk/skin/terra/terra_file_browser_sheet_skin.wtkx
>
> <PushButton wtkx:id="okButton" buttonData="%ok"
> styles="@command_button.json"/>
>
> Here is an example (line 133) of applying that style to a button when the style file
is in another package
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/tags/v1.5.1/tutorials/src/org/apache/pivot/tutorials/layout/table_panes_configure_row.wtkx
>
> <PushButton wtkx:id="okButton" buttonData="OK"
> styles="org/apache/pivot/wtk/skin/terra/command_button.json"
> ButtonPressListener.buttonPressed="sheet.close(true)"/>
>
> You are free to define and use your own style files.
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris
>
> On 26 September 2010 06:03, Oladapo Animashaun <oladapoanimashaun@hotmail.co.uk>
wrote:
> hello All,
>
> Was wandering if anyone knows how to create sheet dialog button. Basically i'm creating
a custom prompt, using the sheet class like so:

> <Sheet wtkx:id="form" title="Form"
> xmlns:wtkx="http://pivot.apache.org/wtkx" xmlns:content="org.apache.pivot.wtk.content"
> xmlns="org.apache.pivot.wtk" preferredWidth="450" preferredHeight="400">
> <content>
> .
> .
> .
>

> </content>
>

> </Sheet>
>

> but when i add a button, using the normal PushButton element, like so:
>

> <BoxPane styles="{horizontalAlignment:'left'}">
> <PushButton buttonData="Save">
> </PushButton>
> </BoxPane>
>

> The normal "gray" form button is drawn to screen, rather than the prompt "dark blue"
button. I've trolled through the java doc  but can't find any clues.