pivot-user mailing list archives

From "B.L. Zeebub" <roger.var...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Heads Up - new Pivot Article
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2010 12:25:11 GMT

Greg Brown wrote:

> The subscribe(), unsubscribe(), and sendMessage() methods are static, so
> you don't need a reference to the application context. In fact, in Pivot
> 2.0, there is no longer an actual application context instance - it is
> entirely static.
>
> In Pivot 1.5.x, these methods live in ApplicationContext. In Pivot 2.0,
> they have been moved to org.apache.pivot.util.MessageBus. So you can use
> whichever approach is appropriate for the Pivot version you are using.

I'm currently using 1.5.0 - where is the 2.0 branch and is it "production"
ready yet?

What I was trying to ask, is how/what do I pass to some class(es) that
currently know nothing about Pivot so that they can publish messages which I
want my Pivot application to listen for and respond to? For a simplistic
example I have a headless application that is passing data over the serial
port. I want to use Pivot to start this application (which I've already got
working) and pass "something" to my headless app so that when data is
read/written to the serial port I can notify Pivot and "flash some LED's"
(rather like a set of modem lights)

Regards