pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pivot SVG integration
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2010 12:37:26 GMT

Hi to all,
I don't remember all details of discussions on SVG and Pivot, but from what
I remember Batik was one of most known and used SVG library/browser at that
time, and there are many articles and documents on it.
And important it's an Apache project, so the license is compatible, etc ...

But I think that none of us is against another one (I wasn't aware of
SVGSalamander), as soon as licenses are compatible, etc ... So in this case
probably the best way could be (if possible) with a provider-like approach
like we did for JFreeChart:
in Pivot there is only the generic provider, and the JFreeChart-related code
is in on GoogleCode because on license incompatibilities (you can find it
here: http://code.google.com/p/pivot-jfree/ ).

Greg or Todd could have more info ...

Bye,
Sandro