pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Setting a bean property to null in BXML
Date Sat, 04 Sep 2010 13:25:10 GMT
> If I have a bean with a property named nullableProperty, I can set it to null like this
>
> <MyBean>
>     <nullableProperty />
> </MyBean>

You can? I have never tried that.  :-)

> Is there a way to set it like this?
>
> <MyBean nullableProperty="someSpecialNullToken" />

Not at the moment. I can think of at least one class that converts an empty string to null
in a string setter, but we don't have dedicated "null" support in BXML.

Seems like a reasonable thing to add, though - the "empty string to null" conversion isn't
especially intuitive. Whatever token we adopt, it should probably start with "$" so we know
it is a reference. Maybe "$bxml:null"?