pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Repaint a treeview inside a scrollpane
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 16:06:02 GMT
You'll want to execute the long-running operation on a background thread. See the Background
Tasks tutorial for an example of how to do this:

http://pivot.apache.org/tutorials/background-tasks.html

On Aug 19, 2010, at 12:00 PM, Yunlong Zhao wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a treeview inside a scrollpane. In a button pressed event, I call a method to
do some data processing that takes between 2 to 5 seconds for each branch and then add tree
nodes to that branch and set new icon, repaint the treeview. I have tried repaint() method
on the treeview and scrollpane after processing each branch but the treeview doesn’t get
repainted until the method/event finished. How can I repaint the treeview?