pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Android
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2010 12:55:01 GMT
>> is it going to be an Android version?
>
> We don't currently have any plans for an Android version. The user interaction models
for desktop and mobile devices are very different. The Android SDK is optimized for creating
an experience on a mobile device (small screen, no mouse, small or onscreen keyboard), whereas
Pivot is optimized for the desktop (much larger screen, keyboard, and mouse). However, since
both Android and Pivot are based on Java, you can potentially share some common code between
your various client applications.

I should add that there isn't anything to prevent a future release from including a theme
that is optimized for mobile devices (Android and possibly Blackberry as well, since it is
also based on Java) - it just isn't something we are working on right now. If there is sufficient
interest in such a feature, it might be worth considering.
Greg