pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: click event outside Sheet (modal window) ?
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 12:11:14 GMT
This will work, but may produce an undesired side effect. TerraSheetSkin beeps when the user
clicks over the owner's client area. Since TerraSheetSkin will probably register its container
mouse listener first, it will get the event first and the system will beep before your handler
(which closes the window) will be called.

Not sure there is a good way to do this at the moment.

On Aug 18, 2010, at 7:50 AM, Chris Bartlett wrote:

> I just took a quick look at the TerraSheetSkin source, and now see what is happening
behind the scenes.
> A ContainerMouseListener is added to the Display to handle mouse events (when the sheet
is opened).
> You should be able to do the same thing and close the sheet depending on where the x
& y coordinates are.

> That is much tidier than invisible windows :)
>
> Chris
>

> On 18 August 2010 18:34, Chris Bartlett <cbartlett.x@gmail.com> wrote:
> A Pivot Sheet is always modal, so only captures mouse clicks within its bounds.
> http://pivot.apache.org/tutorials/windows.html
>
> If you use a Frame or Dialog (either standard Pivot ones, or your own custom version),
you will be able to capture mouse clicks from outside of its bounds.
> A simple way to do this might be to first display a transparent window over the whole
GUI, and set a mouse listener for it which would close the Frame/Dialog when you require.