pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Pivot apps as "native" executables
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 21:54:46 GMT
Hi all,

One item that has been on my to-do list for quite a while is creating an example that shows
how to package up a Pivot application as a "native" executable for Windows and OS X. I finally
got around to this today. You can see the results here:

  http://ixnay.biz/deployment/deployment-example-windows.zip
  http://ixnay.biz/deployment/deployment-example-osx.tar.gz

These archives contain a simple example application packaged as a Windows executable and an
OS X application bundle, respectively. There is also a web version, suitable for deployment
via a Java app server:

  http://ixnay.biz/deployment/deployment-example.war

The build script I used to generate these files is here:

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/trunk/deployment-example.xml

The script relies on two other open-source projects:

  http://launch4j.sourceforge.net/index.html (BSD)
  http://informagen.com/JarBundler/ (GPL)

You'll need to install these in order to generate the native apps. Note that Launch4J is available
for Windows, OS X, and Linux, but JarBundler only works on OS X.

The source code for the sample application is here:

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/trunk/examples/src/org/apache/pivot/examples/deployment/

Just thought I would share in case anyone finds it useful.

Greg