pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Feedback on First screenshots of Custom Colors (PIVOT-579)
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 23:56:41 GMT
Hi to all,
inside the zip you can find the first version of some json custom
color definitions for the Terra 2.0 skin, related to a WindowsXP-like
and a Windows2000-like GUI (or better, colors), and a sample
screenshot for both as usual of the "Kitchen Sink" but note that base
colors of some elements there are always overridden (so some elements
in this demo have a different color from the default).

I have tried to start from real native applications and work on their
colors to reproduce here with color pickers and screenshots.
It's a first version (I'm still non satisfied much with them, but here
I have many constraints, the Terra theme has its own logics on colors)
... and I haven't committed them to svn, but after your suggestions
I'll do it ...

I like more the white version of it (TerraTheme_windowsXP.json), but
probably there is too much white in the background and I should darken
some white.
The gray here looks a little confuse (TerraTheme_windows2000.json) but
also this probably can be tuned a little (darkening some grays and
maybe also some white here).

And last, tooltips here never use a yellow color (there is one color
for them in the palette), you can see it for example in the validation
of Input Text fields.
But probably this is right because they are validation messages ...

What do you think ?

After I'll do the same for ubuntu 10.04 and OS X ... and Swing (Metal)
... tell me if someone needs something other standard.

Bye,
Sandro