pivot-user mailing list archives

From "A. J." <ozbt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: path expression in TableView column name
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2010 14:27:15 GMT
Yep,

I have a list of Beans that have references to other beans :
e.g. (fictive example)

class SomeBean {
    private FirstObject firstObject;
    private Integer someIntValue;
    private SecondObj secondObj;

    public FirstObject getFirstObject() { return this.firstObject; }
    public Integer getSomeIntValue() { return this.someIntValue; }
    public SecondObject getSecondObject() { return this.secondObject; }
}

I just have a java.util.List<SomeBean> put in a TableView through a
ListAdapter and want to display columns such as :

<TableView.Column name="firstObject.name" />
<TableView.Column name="someIntValue" />
<TableView.Column name="secondObj.otherProperty" />

today, this is not possible.
I tried using a cell renderer that in turn uses JSON expressions; it works
but I have to attach the cell renderer to each and every column and for some
reason colors in the label do not respect selection color in the list (label
are still back even when an item is selected);

So, I ended up modifying the Bean to expose a getter method for each column
displayed.

e.g.
class SomeBean {
    private FirstObject firstObject;
    private Integer someIntValue;
    private SecondObj secondObj;

    public FirstObject getFirstObject() { return this.firstObject; }
    public Integer getSomeIntValue() { return this.someIntValue; }
    public SecondObject getSecondObject() { return this.secondObject; }

    // getter for column 'name'
    public String getName() { return firstObject != null ?
firstObject.getName() : null; }
    // getter for column 'otherProperty'
    public String getOtherProperty() { return secondObject != null
? secondObject.getOtherProperty() : null; }
}

It works but this is not very flexible (every time I want a new column, I
have to create a new getter) ...