pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject QueryServlet/Hibernate
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 02:41:44 GMT
It occurred to me earlier this evening that QueryServlet might make a good REST-based front
end to Hibernate or some other Java-based ORM tool. However, I don't have a lot of experience
with ORMs - the DB apps I have written have generally used JDBC directly.

Anyone with Hibernate knowledge care to comment (or possibly write up a simple demo to test
the theory)? I think an example that retrieves a bean from the DB and uses JSONSerializer
to write it back out to the caller would be very cool. I'd be happy to help with such an example
if anyone is interested.