pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Internationalization issues
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 12:17:33 GMT
Chris is correct - the issue is currently assigned to Pivot 1.5.2.

Kamil, perhaps you could take a stab at fixing it and submit a patch?

On Aug 11, 2010, at 5:26 AM, Chris Bartlett wrote:

> Kamil,
>
> Pivot 1.5.1 is going through the release process at the moment, so might be available
next week if no problems are found.

> Greg created a JIRA issue to track the problem you described, but I don't think he or
anyone else has picked it up yet.
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIVOT-586
>
> I was working on some patches for keypress handling, but not for this exact issue.  If
I can find the time I will take a look at it and see if I reproduce the problem with 1.5.1
code and then fix with a patch.  Unfortunately I am busy with some other things at the moment,
so I can't promise when or if I will be able to do this.

> Chris
>
> 2010/8/11 Kamil T. <kamilt.mail@gmail.com>
> Hi Chris,
> Could you give me follow up of the current status of your patches? If
> they will not show up in Pivot 1.5.1 (I don't know when it will be
> released), could you email me patched wtkx-terra.jar, so I can use
> patched version?
>
> regards
> Kamil
>

> W dniu 26 lipca 2010 11:31 użytkownik Chris Bartlett
> <cbartlett.x@gmail.com> napisał:
> > (CCed to Dev list)
> > A few weeks ago I started working on a series of patches which would make
> > keypress checks more restrictive in order to prevent the kind of issue you
> > seem to be seeing here.  I have been offline for a little while but should
> > be able to continue with the work this week.
> >
> > A Pivot 1.5.1 release should be coming soon, so if the submitted patches are
> > accepted, they would not show up until a release after that.
> > 2010/7/25 Kamil T. <kamilt.mail@gmail.com>
> >>
> >> } else if (keyCode == Keyboard.KeyCode.A
> >>   && Keyboard.isPressed(commandModifier)) { ...
> >>
> >> checks if a is pressed and if command key is pressed -> on windows
> >> commandModifier is set to Modifier.CTRL inside Platform class. The
> >> problem is that  Keyboard.isPressed checks using bitmask, so it
> >> retruns true for the "Ctrl+Left Alt" case which Alt Gr generates. I
> >> think it should check if CTRL is the only modifier pressed at the
> >> moment. Also, pressing for example CTRL+SHIFT+A renders the same
> >> results as CTRL+A while inside native apps (tested on chrome address
> >> bar and notepad) CTRL+SHIFT+A combination does nothing.

JRE

VM

Kitchen

I am able to