pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: center the text of header columns of tableView
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 13:25:07 GMT
This is done (in trunk).

On Aug 5, 2010, at 8:12 AM, Noel Grandin wrote:

> In theory, it should be easy enough for a developer to replace the header renderer with
something that does whatever
> they want, displaying different stuff for each header.
>
> But in practice, the most common usage is to override just one or two columns with something
special, so I would say
> that, yes, we should make the header-renderer a per-column thing.
>
> -- Noel
>
> Greg Brown wrote:
>> The reason it is done automatically is because a developer may want to combine both
icon-only and text headers in a table view, but TableViewHeader only supports only a single
header data renderer that is common to all headers. As a result, the renderer needs to make
some assumptions about how the data should be presented.

>> Perhaps it would be better to allow the caller to define the header data renderer
on a per-column basis, in the TableView.Column class. The header data itself lives in the
column, so arguably the header data renderer should go there as well.

>> cc'ing the dev list for comments.

>> On Aug 5, 2010, at 2:44 AM, Olivier Dutrieux wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Greg for your answer.
>>>
>>> Why it's not the developper to decide where the icon + text or text only  or
only icon will be display ? It's  will more flexible. or maybe that could be use by defaut
this actually display (only icon : centered-aligned, icon + text or text only : left-aligned)
but if the user defined the value horizontalAlignment via the styles property that use property
value :

>>> if (getStyles().get("horizontalAlignment") == null) {
>>>   getStyles().put("horizontalAlignment", (text == null) ? HorizontalAlignment.CENTER
: HorizontalAlignment.LEFT);
>>> }
>>>
>>> Duto

will be centered, but icon+text or text only will be left-aligned.