pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [RFC] Swing interop features
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2010 13:47:50 GMT
> Visual consistency is a double edged sword. If things are obviously different, people
live with it, but once you start
> down the road towards consistency, users will get pickier and pickier.

My idea was to back the L&F with the actual Terra skins, so in theory they should look
exactly the same.

> I would rather we simply focussed on improving the Pivot L&F - for example, the default
fonts are completely wrong on my
> desktop.

Can you elaborate? The default font is Verdana, which (IMO) looks pretty good across all platforms.
What font would you prefer to use?

What other suggestions do you have for improving Terra? The feedback I have gotten recently
is that the current L&F is actually pretty good.