pivot-user mailing list archives

From Olivier Dutrieux <olivier.dutri...@pasteur.fr>
Subject Re: Question of new dynamic data binding model of pivot 2.0
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2010 19:50:30 GMT
  For me all is perfect, the syntax is clearly and simple. My question
of several variable is not a needn is just a question ^^

thx for all Greg and waiting implementation :)

Le 27/08/2010 21:08, Greg Brown a écrit :
> Right. But it doesn't seem like it would be a common case. From your earlier email, it
didn't sound like you would need that. Also, the current approach is consistent with how bind
mappings are implemented elsewhere in the framework, which is nice.

> On Aug 27, 2010, at 2:48 PM, Olivier Dutrieux wrote:
>
>> If I unterstand your answer my question about several variables is not to easy to
implement ?

>> Le 27/08/2010 20:35, Greg Brown a écrit :
>>> Correct, that's not supported right now. Didn't seem like you would need it for
your use case and it would have complicated the implementation.

Binding tutorial includes a demonstration:

a mapping function rather than "foo(bar)". I did this for the following reasons:

The user might incorrectly assume that "foo(bar)" is an inline function declaration, which
it is not (it is never actually evaluated by the script engine - the function referred to
by this expression is what is actually evaluated).

like a Groovy closure, for example. If Groovy is being used as the page language, this could
be confusing.