pivot-user mailing list archives

From Olivier Dutrieux <olivier.dutri...@pasteur.fr>
Subject Re: Question of new dynamic data binding model of pivot 2.0
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2010 17:26:48 GMT
  I will test it now :)

Le 27/08/2010 17:15, Greg Brown a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I have just checked in support for this feature. The Property Binding tutorial includes
a demonstration:

>    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/trunk/tutorials/src/org/apache/pivot/tutorials/databinding/property_binding.bxml
>
> For example:
>
>    function toUpperCase(value) {
>        return value.toUpperCase();
>    }
>
>    <TextInput bxml:id="textInput" Form.label="Text Input"/>
>    <Label Form.label="Uppercase Text" text="${toUpperCase:textInput.text}"/>
>
> There is also an example of creating a mapping in Java:
>
>    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/trunk/tutorials/src/org/apache/pivot/tutorials/databinding/PropertyBinding.java
>
> You may notice that I chose to use the "foo:bar" syntax to specify a mapping function
rather than "foo(bar)". I did this for the following reasons:

> 1) It is easier to parse.
>
> 2) It doesn't look like a function, whereas "foo(bar)" does. The user might incorrectly
assume that "foo(bar)" is an inline function declaration, which it is not (it is never actually
evaluated by the script engine - the function referred to by this expression is what is actually
evaluated).

> 3) It may look like a JavaScript function, but it doesn't look like a Groovy closure,
for example. If Groovy is being used as the page language, this could be confusing.