pivot-user mailing list archives

From Noel Grandin <noelgran...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: center the text of header columns of tableView
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 12:12:25 GMT

In theory, it should be easy enough for a developer to replace the header renderer with something
that does whatever
they want, displaying different stuff for each header.

But in practice, the most common usage is to override just one or two columns with something
special, so I would say
that, yes, we should make the header-renderer a per-column thing.

-- Noel

Greg Brown wrote:
> The reason it is done automatically is because a developer may want to combine both icon-only
and text headers in a table view, but TableViewHeader only supports only a single header data
renderer that is common to all headers. As a result, the renderer needs to make some assumptions
about how the data should be presented.

> Perhaps it would be better to allow the caller to define the header data renderer on
a per-column basis, in the TableView.Column class. The header data itself lives in the column,
so arguably the header data renderer should go there as well.

> cc'ing the dev list for comments.

> On Aug 5, 2010, at 2:44 AM, Olivier Dutrieux wrote:
>
>> Thanks Greg for your answer.
>>
>> Why it's not the developper to decide where the icon + text or text only  or only
icon will be display ? It's  will more flexible. or maybe that could be use by defaut this
actually display (only icon : centered-aligned, icon + text or text only : left-aligned) but
if the user defined the value horizontalAlignment via the styles property that use property
value :

>> if (getStyles().get("horizontalAlignment") == null) {
>>    getStyles().put("horizontalAlignment", (text == null) ? HorizontalAlignment.CENTER
: HorizontalAlignment.LEFT);
>> }
>>
>> Duto
>>
>> Le 05/08/2010 01:39, Greg Brown a écrit :
>>> No, it's not a bug. It is done that way so headers that contain only an icon
will be centered, but icon+text or text only will be left-aligned.