pivot-user mailing list archives

From kenji...@sz.murata.com.cn
Subject Re: Pivot "success stories" - PLEASE READ
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2010 11:16:31 GMT
Hi Greg,

I am working to use Piovt to develop enterprise program.

The Project is Web quotation workflow system .
Platform is Piovt+Json(Jsp)+AS400(DB2) ,oracle and domino.
Now under the UAT and User think that is good UI.

Until now,I think that is good platform to develop real world
application(especially for enterprise)  quickly.
Our user also think it very easy to use .

I wish Pivot can provide more and more enterprise feature ,more example and
more easy to use.

For example,
1.Reporting solution.
2.JDBC tableview adapter.

Anyhow,I very appreciate all of your effort and always reply me.(even my
question is junior )

Best regards,
Ken Jiang

Murata Electronics Trading  (Shenzhen) Co.,Ltd
Tel:86-755-82847251
E-mail:kenjiang@sz.murata.com.cn

  From:       Greg Brown <gkbrown@mac.com>

  To:         Pivot User <user@pivot.apache.org>, Pivot Dev <dev@pivot.apache.org>

  Date:       07/28/2010 21:03

  Subject:    Re: Pivot "success stories" - PLEASE READ

By the way, please feel free to respond off-list if you prefer. I know not
everyone is willing or able to divulge project details in a public forum.
We'll figure out an appropriate way to present it later.
Thanks again,

On Jul 28, 2010, at 8:44 AM, Greg Brown wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I'm sending this again because it is important. Pivot is an open-source
project. We don't have an enormous marketing department that will take care
of promoting the product for us. We, the Pivot community, need to do that.
I'm happy to drive it, but I need feedback from people who are actually
using the product in order to do so.

> If you are using Pivot and you like it and want to see it succeed, please
consider providing some feedback about your experience. Again, it doesn't
have to be overly detailed. I'll follow up with you later to fill in any
gaps, if necessary.

> I asked a similar question a few months back, so feel free to disregard
this if you have already responded.

> Thanks for your help.
>
> Greg
>
> On Jul 27, 2010, at 11:10 AM, Greg Brown wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm currently looking for some "Pivot success stories" we can showcase
on the project site. These could be anything from simple quotes about a
positive experience with the platform to case studies of applications built
using Pivot. They will help provide prospective users with some context for
who else is using the platform and for what sort of applications.

>> I'd very much appreciate any information you are willing to share. It
does not need to be long - just a quick note is fine. I can help fill in
any details later on.