pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: help request to test these small programs? trident pivot port
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 13:05:45 GMT
Could you post the tests as an applet? Might be easier to test that way.

On Jul 7, 2010, at 8:46 AM, aappddeevv@verizon.net wrote:

> <link media="all" type="text/css" href="/webmail/static/deg/css/wysiwyg-3933289048.css"
rel="stylesheet">
> </head><body>
> I am looking for help testing a trident pivot port across platforms. I only have easy
access to desktop Windows 7.<br><br>Trident is an animation framework. You'll
need to grab the sources from SVN (on kenai, https://svn.kenai.com/svn/trident~source), load
them into Eclipse (the ant build file requires modification otherwise), then copy the contents
of the zip into your trident source folders. The META-INF in the zip file will overwrite the
SVN version.&nbsp; It contains the pivot configuration for trident. Click on the java
files in test.pivot and run as a java program. The java file All.java runs nearly everything
at once in one window.&nbsp; When you load the svn sources into eclipse, the android and
swt ports will not compile unless you add jars. That's okay to ignore for this test. Most
of the examples are set up as decorators so they should run in any
> component if you want exploding fireworks or scrolling Matrix letters in your buttons.<br><br>Direct
replies on issues or success would be appreciated. I'll submit to trident in about a week
if they run across platforms okay.<br><br>Looking for a test in on Mac and Linux--I
would not expect any problems because its straight java 2d and threading. Setup and test should
take no more than 30 min including reading this email. If you know how to test them in a browser,