pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Textarea auto complete feature
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2010 18:27:29 GMT
Yes, this is possible. You can call TextArea#getCharacterBounds() to get the location of a
character in the text area's coordinate space.

.
> Is this possible in Pivot?
>                 Basically I need to provide  some kind of auto-complete feature. I think
I can accomplish this  if I can get the exact location of the last character that was inserted
in textarea.

>                 Something like this:
>
>                 <panel>
>                         <textarea >
>                         <textarea>
>
>                        <auto complete component  visiable=”false” >
>                        <auto complete component>
>                 </panel>
>
> Now when the user enters characters, the <auto complete component> would become
visible, and it’s location will be the last characters location in textarea.