pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: messages that ascend the containment hierarchy
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 22:06:57 GMT
> I think of these kinds of events as a part of the public interface of a component.  Listeners
respond to events they're interested in.  One such event may be---to use a very verbose and
impractical name---"add a new address form".  Or "refresh this data model".  Or "follow this
link". Usually these events are dispatched by a push button, but sometimes they can be dispatched
from selections in a list or table, or selection made with a radio button or check buttons.

These are exactly the kind of events that EventBus and Pivot's pub/sub API are intended to
support. I'd suggest taking a look at one of those - you may find a simpler solution to your
problem.