pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Sort a column in a TableView with only image in the column cell.
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 19:01:15 GMT
Another approach is to actually store sortable data in the column (such as an image file name
or some sort of status value) but use a custom renderer to present that data as an image.

On Jul 7, 2010, at 11:39 AM, Noel Grandin wrote:

> Hi
>
> You're going to need to implement your own Comparator, and set it on the list used by
the TableView.

> Or you could use something like the attached class, which allows you to set your own
comparator for a column.

> -- Noel Grandin
>
> Giguère, Philippe wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a TableView which allow to sort data. Everything works well except when the
data are images. I can't sort the images like I want and the sort result isn't the same at
each execution of the program.

>> Example of results:
>> First execution = Image1, Image1, Image2, Image2, Image3.
>> Second execution = Image3, Image1, Image1, Image2, Image2.
>>
>> I searched why the result weren't never the same and I found that the TableViewRowComparator
use the Comparable.compareTo(Object) method if the object implement Compare. If not, it use
the toString() method that use the hash code of the object to sort. So, the hash code change
for the object at each execution and it change the sort order as well at each execution.

>> I was wondering if there are a way already implented in Pivot to sort images or if
you have some clue to do it? If not that could be an nice thing to add in the next version
of Pivot.

>> Thx a lot
>>
>> Philippe Giguère
>> Avis de confidentialité: Ce courriel et les pièces qui y sont jointes peuvent contenir
des renseignements confidentiels qui ne vous sont pas destinés. Si vous avez reçu cette
correspondance par erreur, veuillez la détruire et nous en aviser. Merci!