pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Reporting and JDBC (was: Pivot "success stories" - PLEASE READ)
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2010 12:43:28 GMT
> 1.Report tools.
> Now I use IBM info print to generate the PDF in AS400 side since this
> function already exist in old system already.
> I am looking for some open sucore report tools like JasperReports .
> Do you have any recommend?

I have never used them myself, but I have heard good things about JasperReports. ReportMill
is another one you could consider, though it is not open source. Either one could probably
be wrapped fairly easily for use in a Pivot application. If you do decide to take this approach,
please consider contributing your results to the project!

> 2.JDBC tableview adapter.
> My application is use JSP(json )to get data by jdbc .and then pass to
> tableview.

OK, that's good. TableView currently supports JSON data natively - you can take the result
of JSONSerializer#readObject() and use it as your table model without conversion. Are you
currently using it this way?