pivot-user mailing list archives

From Michael Allman <...@allman.ms>
Subject Re: setting properties on includes
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 21:47:45 GMT
Oh, yeah.  I got confused with width and height.  It's a flex thing.

So I just tried

<wtkx:include src="whatever.wtkx" preferredWidth="100"
preferredHeight="100"/>

and that doesn't work either.  I get a message saying "Instance property
setters are not supported for wtkx:include tag."

What do you think?

Cheers,

Michael

On Thu, 1 Jul 2010, Greg Brown wrote:

> Setting properties on an include should work fine. However, if you want to specify the
size of a component, you should generally use preferredWidth and preferredHeight rather than
width and height. It is up to the container to determine if/how the preferred values should
be applied.

> On Jul 1, 2010, at 8:53 AM, Michael Allman wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'd like to set some properties on the root element of an included wtkx. A classic
case is setting width and height.  How might I go about doing this?