pivot-user mailing list archives

From aappdde...@verizon.net
Subject Re: Re: Re: Re: help request to test these small programs? trident pivot port
Date Sat, 10 Jul 2010 17:36:06 GMT
There is no separate apps jar. The apps are in the trident test.pivot directory as individual
java files (with their bxml).  I think the answer is the "apps" jar is the trident jar because
these are test programs.

As a side note, as I integrated trident into my styling and triggering pivot extension, I
found I needed to add one more decorater, a trident repaint decorator. You can now add trident
fireworks to any pivot component without fiddling with a repaint timeline directly by just
doing:

<decorators>
         <trident:RepaintDecorator />
	<tridenttest:MatrixRainDecorator backgroundFill="false" />
</decorators>

which is totally useless along with the also useless styling and triggering example :-)

<ComponentAction targetType="org.apache.pivot.wtk.Container">
			    <ApplyStyles styles="{backgroundColor:'#ffffff'}"/>
				<triggers>
					<Trigger values="{isValid:true,thresholdExceeded:true} ignorePropertyErrors="true">
					   <ApplyStyles styles="{backgroundColor:'#00ff00'}"/>
						<ApplyDecorators>
							<trident:RepaintDecorator />
							<tridenttest:FireworksDecorator
								backgroundFill="false" />
						</ApplyDecorators>
					</Trigger>
				</triggers>
</ComponentAction>

Jul 9, 2010 09:39:27 AM, user@pivot.apache.org wrote:

> The jars are the pivot jars (core ,wtk, tera - I was using head but still
with BeanSerializer
> instead of BXMLSerializer) and the single trident jar available at kenai.

What about your application JAR?

> I don't know if when you do something on the web, the pivot application
> requires the
> pivot web jar.

No, the web JAR contains classes for executing web queries (i.e. accessing
REST services). You don't need it to deploy a Pivot application via the web
unless you need that functionality.