pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Some advice for my first pivot application
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2010 19:56:59 GMT
New -> Java Project is correct.

Since they are basically resources, you can put your WTKX files anywhere on the classpath.
However, we generally put them in the same package as the associated Java class:

/src
  /com
    /foo
      Bar.java
      bar.wtkx

BTW, is Ty your name or does that stand for something (I am thinking it might be short for
"thank you"?)

On Jun 25, 2010, at 3:28 PM, Giuliani Sanches wrote:

> Oh!
>
> One more question:
>
> I have used New -> Java Project (not the Java Web Project) to create
> my pivot project.
>
> How do you organize your wtkx files ?
>
> Under some folder at same level as src, like:
>
> wtkx/foo/my.wtkx
> wtkx/bar/baz/gui.wtkx
>
> Or at various folder at same src like:
>
> foo/gui.wtkx
> bar/baz/gui.wtkx
>
> Ty
>
> 2010/6/25 Giuliani Sanches <giulianisanches@gmail.com>:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I will do some research based on informations here.
>>
>> As for jaas, yes, i want to do a server side
>> authentication/authorization, but i will consider some other options
>> for that.
>>
>> About vraptor, restlet and apache cxf, i think that vraptor will do
>> the job very well, so i will keep with him due to their simplicity.
>>
>> Ty for all your replies.
>>
>> 2010/6/24 Alejandro Vilar <alejandro.vilar@synacom.com.bo>:
>>> Hi Giuliani,
>>>
>>>        If you are planning to build a rest-like server app, I can suggest the
Restlet framework, easy and intuitive to setup with a lot of extensions like XStream to handle
xml and json representations. For login options supports http basic, Amazon WS S3, oAuth,
cookies, digest, Microsoft Shared Key and so on. Also Spring 3.0 is a good choice for rest-like
web services. My two cents.

>>> http://www.restlet.org/
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Alejandro
>>>
>>> P.S. I worked some years with Struts and some time was a nightmare, could not
give you an accurate opinion about Struts2.