pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Example for input dialog
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2010 13:00:24 GMT
Ah, I see. I hadn't looked closely enough at the original email so I didn't see the pseudocode.

Here's an example that uses BXML. It pushes the window logic into a MyWindow class that is
also defined in BXML (though the current tutorials don't reflect this, it is generally best
to keep the application class as free as possible of UI handling code).

On Jun 24, 2010, at 8:43 AM, Chris Bartlett wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 7:20 PM, Greg Brown <gkbrown@mac.com> wrote:
> I noticed that you pass the dialog's owner to the constructor. Any reason you don't just
use the open() method?

> No deep thinking behind it, just a quickly hacked together demo.
> I was just trying to keep the code as close as possible to the original pseudo-code (hence
the creation of a show() method), but by that token I should have passed the DialogCloseListener
into the constructor too (or neither of them)