pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible replace web form with Pivot form in web application
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 13:38:44 GMT
If your HTML forms use AJAX/JSON to communicate with the server, it is definitely possible.
Pivot's web query classes use JSON as a data format by default. They can also use XML, CSV,
or any other data format - you just need to use an appropriate serializer.

You may find the web query and data binding tutorials helpful:

  http://ixnay.biz/pivot-tutorials/web-queries.html
  http://ixnay.biz/pivot-tutorials/data-binding.html

The JSON Viewer application may also be of interest:

  http://ixnay.biz/pivot-demos/json-viewer.html
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/trunk/tools/src/org/apache/pivot/tools/json/ (source
code)

Note that ixnay.biz is not the permanent home for these documents - they will be moved to
pivot.apache.org as soon as Pivot 1.5 is released (hopefully within the next week or so).

Hope this helps,
Greg

On Jun 3, 2010, at 9:12 AM, Книхута Евгений wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have web application (based on apache wicket) and I want replace some html forms using
Pivot forms.