pivot-user mailing list archives

From Giuliani Sanches <giulianisanc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some advice for my first pivot application
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2010 19:28:54 GMT
Oh!

One more question:

I have used New -> Java Project (not the Java Web Project) to create
my pivot project.

How do you organize your wtkx files ?

Under some folder at same level as src, like:

wtkx/foo/my.wtkx
wtkx/bar/baz/gui.wtkx

Or at various folder at same src like:

foo/gui.wtkx
bar/baz/gui.wtkx

Ty

2010/6/25 Giuliani Sanches <giulianisanches@gmail.com>:
> Hi.
>
> I will do some research based on informations here.
>
> As for jaas, yes, i want to do a server side
> authentication/authorization, but i will consider some other options
> for that.
>
> About vraptor, restlet and apache cxf, i think that vraptor will do
> the job very well, so i will keep with him due to their simplicity.
>
> Ty for all your replies.
>
> 2010/6/24 Alejandro Vilar <alejandro.vilar@synacom.com.bo>:
>> Hi Giuliani,
>>
>>        If you are planning to build a rest-like server app, I can suggest the
Restlet framework, easy and intuitive to setup with a lot of extensions like XStream to handle
xml and json representations. For login options supports http basic, Amazon WS S3, oAuth,
cookies, digest, Microsoft Shared Key and so on. Also Spring 3.0 is a good choice for rest-like
web services. My two cents.

>> http://www.restlet.org/
>>

>> Regards,
>> Alejandro
>>
>> P.S. I worked some years with Struts and some time was a nightmare, could not give
you an accurate opinion about Struts2.