pivot-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bartlett <cbartlet...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Advice for a newbie
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2010 12:09:45 GMT
Take a look at this demo.  It sounds like it might be a useful starting
point.

http://pivot.apache.org/demos/rss-feed.html
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/trunk/demos/src/org/apache/pivot/demos/rss/

It shows a ListView with custom rendered items inside a ScrollPane.

By setting the ListView's data source to a Pivot List (as opposed to a
java.util.List), it will show updates automatically when the contents of the
List change.
The listener for your external application would simply need to manage the
data in the List.

If required you can set a Comparator for the List which will subsequently
maintain the ordering in the ListView.
Pivot also has a FilteredList class which can filter an underlying List (and
can have it own Comparator)
ListViews can also be supplied with a Filter to determine which items are
rendered as enabled or disabled.

If you need a more tabular format, then TableView may be more appropriate.
It also takes a Pivot List as its data source, so can be filtered etc as
above.

With both of these components it is possible to get the bounds of a
particular item and programmatically scroll to ensure it is visible.

Regards,

Chris