pivot-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bartlett <cbartlet...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Pivot Console for Tomcat - forwarded to users List
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2010 15:57:12 GMT
Sandro,

Are you proposing this as a demo or showpiece for Pivot, or is the improved
Tomcat admin interface the main goal?
Although I don't have a lot of day to day dealings with Tomcat, I recognise
that there is a large audience of Tomcat users who might be introduced to
Pivot via this kind of tool.

If it is to demonstrate Pivot, IMHO it might be better to create some Pivot
development tools to make it easier for new developers to get started.
>From the top of my head there have been Jira tickets or suggestions for
- a WTKX/BXML viewer
- GUI creator/editor (round trip to & from WTKX/BXML)
- a Firebug like tool
- Doclet to ease identification of component styles
- IDE integration to support auto-complete

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eating_your_own_dog_food

Regards,

Chris