pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic changable styles
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 21:36:33 GMT
OK. I assume that you will also have an associated set of font/color schemes to go with those
background images? If so, the easiest thing would probably be to define a custom scheme file
for each background image. The default scheme looks like this:

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/trunk/wtk-terra/src/org/apache/pivot/wtk/skin/terra/TerraTheme_default.json

The format of this file is described in the Javadoc for the Terra package:

  http://pivot.apache.org/1.5/docs/api/org/apache/pivot/wtk/skin/terra/package-summary.html

You could potentially provide a custom theme for each background image that defines an appropriate
font and color palette. You can specify which scheme file to use via the "org.apache.pivot.wtk.skin.terra.location"
system property. This property should point to a JSON file on the classpath that contains
the custom scheme; e.g.:

  -Dorg.apache.pivot.wtk.skin.terra.location=com/foo/CustomTerraTheme.json

If you are running in an applet, you would use the "system_properties" applet param, which
works the same as the "startup_properties" param but sets system props rather than application
startup properties.