pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Component names inside the containers
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 14:55:32 GMT
I have prototyped this change - see attached patch. Let me know if this is consistent with
what you are envisioning. I added a static findAnnotation() method to BeanAdapter. WTKXSerializer
uses this method to locate an IDProperty annotation and, if present, uses the value to set
the given property.

Note that we may not be able to apply this change to Pivot 1.5.1. Adding the name property
requires a change to the ComponentListener interface, which would break backwards compatibility.
We could potentially add the ID annotation handling to 1.5.1, though.