pivot-user mailing list archives

From Dirk Möbius <dmoeb...@scoop-gmbh.de>
Subject Re: Editable Table?
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2010 22:15:05 GMT
I suggest that you try TablePane. JSF DataTable is more like TablePane
than TableView, because with JSF DataTable you include real editable
components, just as TablePane does.

If you surround it with a ScrollPane, it's almost like a TableView, only
headers are missing. You can simulate that with a row of PushButtons,
the only thing that you don't get for free is column resizing.

Dirk.

Taro App wrote
> Hi Greg,
>
> As I understand, a TablePane is a layout container in which you
> arrange components, and a TableView is a data view in which you show
> collection data. I want the latter, so I was trying to make it
> editable. Sorry for my confusing explanation, but JSF DataTable does a
> similar thing as TableView does, but I can make it all rows editable
> at the same time. I'm creating a prototype of an order entry
> application. Pivot's Form is perfect for order header data. For order
> line data, I wanted to use a TableView. But as I wrote before, I
> didn't succeed. Any help?
>
> apptaro
>

> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 8:47 PM, Greg Brown <gkbrown@mac.com> wrote:
>> TableView row editors are really only meant to edit one row at a time. What you describe
sounds like it might actually be more of a use case for a TablePane.