pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Component names inside the containers
Date Sun, 06 Jun 2010 17:36:20 GMT
One option would be to use the "automationID" property of Component. However, I think a better
approach would be to define a custom subclass of whatever container type you are using, make
it Bindable, and add getters (but not setters) for each of the components you retrieve from
the WTKX file. That way, you get type safety and you don't need to maintain two different
identifiers for your components.

On Jun 6, 2010, at 11:09 AM, aappddeevv wrote:

> I was looking to pass in a container to a method and then pull a few components out by
name (the container has a complex view and the components I want to access by name are labels,
a few labels out of many labels) to do some processing on. This way I don’t have to add
property setters and getters in my container subclass. In my method, I don’t have access
to the serializer to obtain the components by id.

> However, a component name (an optional) property would do the trick. Is there a way to
assign a string “name” to a component in WTKX and access it later? In this context, a
wtkx:id acts much like a name but as near as I can tell the wtkx:id is only relevant as a
named component in the serializer versus a property of the component itself.