pivot-user mailing list archives

From "B.L. Zeebub" <roger.var...@googlemail.com>
Subject Advice for a newbie
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2010 09:58:41 GMT

Hi

New to Pivot and GUI programming - I want to try out Pivot to provide a
front-end gui to an existing Java application. Amongst other things, the
application tracks it's progress by posting status messages to anything that
is registered as a listener. So the first thing I want to do is set myself
up as a listener and display the status messages as they appear. The
pivot-app needs to be able to scroll backward and forward through the
messages and update itself when new messages arrive. In effect what I want
is some sort of console view.

I've been through the tutorials but I'm not sure which set of components I
should select to acheive the intent of the view. I would appreciate
suggestions as to which components I should use.

Regards