pivot-user mailing list archives

From JohnRodey <timothydd...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Standard practice for logging from applet
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2010 21:07:02 GMT

Ya that's pretty much the approach I am looking at taking.

Log4J log() on the applet using a SocketAppender.  Initially running the
SocketServer as a separate process and then integrating it in as a process
managed by my Tomcat server.  The SocketServer will log everything to a
rolling file on the server side.  I will still keep a second appender for
everything to log to the console where the code is running.  Log4J will
handle threading so that there is no slow down to my applet.

Thanks