pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Pivot and jfreechart
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 12:46:14 GMT
I just added an example that demonstrates this to the pivot-jfree project. It produces the
same pie chart shown in the other example, but does so programmatically rather than in WTKX:

http://code.google.com/p/pivot-jfree/source/browse/trunk/demos/src/biz/ixnay/pivot/demos/charts/jfree/DynamicDataDemo.java
http://code.google.com/p/pivot-jfree/source/browse/trunk/demos/src/biz/ixnay/pivot/demos/charts/jfree/dynamic_data_demo.wtkx

You can see the result here:

http://ixnay.biz/pivot-jfree/dynamic_data_demo.html

Hope this helps,

On Jun 4, 2010, at 8:01 AM, Greg Brown wrote:

> Charts are data driven, just like lists, tables, and trees. If you modify the underlying
data model (i.e. the value you passed to setChartData()), the chart will update to reflect
the current state of the data.

> On Jun 4, 2010, at 5:39 AM, alex fernandez wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I'm starting with Pivot and for us jfreechart is very important.
>> I've playing with the demo, and with the provider pivot-jfree-1.5. It looks well,
but I need not just a static chart.
>> Do anyone know how to represent  a dynamic chart(like memory usage, the example shown
in jfreechart library)  or any other type of dynamic chart in PIVOT?