pivot-user mailing list archives

From "aappddeevv" <aappdde...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: Running demos on Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Date Sat, 19 Jun 2010 16:03:08 GMT
Thanks for the insight. I did not realize that order was so important.

The local tomcat did allow me to start the pages. I had the STS version from
spring installed. Hit the start button on the server instance after dropping
the wars into the webapp.

However, it looks like the java install order is my fundamental problem.
I'll start reinstalling and see if I have the same success. I believe that
the 32 bit jre installed after the 64 bit jre.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sandro Martini [mailto:sandro.martini@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2010 9:11 PM
To: user@pivot.apache.org
Subject: Re: Running demos on Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

Hi,

> Is there similar guidance on Windows 7. I run 64 bit but also have 32 bit
> installed. I am unable to get any pivot application running from the web
> sites on any version or browser (across 3 of browser including ie32,
ie64).
> Java seems to time-out on something or never start properly. I've not
found
> any log files that help either.

my primary development and test PC is a Windows 7 @ 64 bit, with JDK 6
update 18 at 64 bit installed (and related JRE), and then I have
installed manually also the JRE 6 update 20 at 32 bit (and for the JRE
always install BEFORE the 64 bit, and then also the 32 bit version to
ensure that non-64 bit native apps can use the 32 bit version), and
all works to me (applets, applications, and Web Start Demos).

Attention that in this mixed setup there is only 1 Java Control Panel
visible, and the same apply only to 1 jre for the auto-update ... and
this is not the best for Java.

Another trick is to try to run Pivot Applets/Applications from Pivot
Demos/Tutorials WARs deployed in a local Server (Tomcat 6.x or other)
to avoid network problems ...

Tell me if you still have problems but before any test,  try to remove
all JRE and reinstall in the same order.

If these tricks works also for other users maybe we could put in Pivot
FAQ or Wiki ... Greg, what do you think ?

Bye,
Sandro