pivot-user mailing list archives

From "aappddeevv" <aappdde...@verizon.net>
Subject Can I use the serializer to initialize my component subclass versus reading a sub-object
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 14:15:45 GMT

Is it possible to initialize my component subclass using bxml or can I only
read objects from bxml as if they were subobjects?

My use case is where I want to push as much "static" configuration into bxml
as possible for my component and greatly reduce the need for me to bind or
wire children myself in my subclass. Clients of my component would be
completely unaware of how I initialize my object behind the scenes. I was
authoring a few components and found that I was writing a bunch of component
initialization code that look the same each time.

I think the answer is no but I wanted to check the group.