pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Alejandro Vilar" <alejandro.vi...@synacom.com.bo>
Subject RE: How to post file by pivot.
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2010 02:50:33 GMT
Hi Ken, as Greg mentioned in Pivot 1.5 there is a new class for files
manipulation related to web queries (FileSerializer).

You can try something like this on client side:

import java.io.File;
import java.net.URL;
import org.apache.pivot.io.FileSerializer;
import org.apache.pivot.web.*;

//...
String hostname = "fileserver.com";
try {
    //post
    File fileToSend = new File("sample.jpg");
    PostQuery postQuery = new PostQuery(hostname, "/files");
    postQuery.getParameters().put("filename", fileToSend.getName());
    postQuery.setSerializer(new FileSerializer());
    postQuery.setValue(fileToSend);
    URL url = postQuery.execute();

    //get
    GetQuery getQuery = new GetQuery(hostname, url.getPath());
    getQuery.setSerializer(new FileSerializer());
    File receivedFile = (File) getQuery.execute();

} catch (QueryException e) {
    e.printStackTrace();
}
//...