pivot-user mailing list archives

From Luiz Gustavo <luizgustav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Production Application Based On Pivot
Date Thu, 06 May 2010 15:57:41 GMT
Hi Greg,

so... at this moment I'm involved in choosing the technologies for a new
application of a client we have. We almost aways use JSF for presentation,
but this time I thought about using Pivot, because of its RIA benefits,
mainly those involving multi frames in the same windows, and very good event
support.
My co-workers tried the examples in the project page, and some of then took
some time to open in the browser, and they were afraid about performance
issues, since we can't control the client infrastructure (network quality,
memory, etc).
Another point it's the fear of using new things in critical projects. No one
here knows how to write applications in Pivot yet.
My intention now is to use Pivot for internal projects first, to make people
believe it.

Cheers,

Luiz Gustavo