pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: basic questions about common table renderers
Date Sun, 16 May 2010 12:27:38 GMT
I assume that the button needs to be interactive (i.e. pushing it will trigger an action)?
If so, you probably want to use TablePane rather than TableView. Cell renderers don't support
any kind of user interaction - they are simply used to "rubber stamp" content into a table
view. In other words, they are used for presentation, not interaction. TablePane is for laying
out components, such as buttons, and functions more like an HTML table.

On May 16, 2010, at 4:55 AM, Dominique de Vito wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am fed up of Twitter web interface, then I currently look at Pivot in order to develop
my own Twitter RIA client.

> My first idea was about to include tweets into a table.
>
> I wanted to include a PushButton into a cell, and then, I was looking around to know
how to render such a button (into a cell) like a button !

> I expected to discover a renderer into Pivot distribution in order to render common components
like PushButton, or Label. AFAIK, there is none.
> And I have not discovered a (simple) way to render such a button as a cell's content.
>
> I hope not to ask dumb questions here...
> Is there already defined renderers for common components, like button, into tables ?
> If yes or no, it could be worth to add few notes into http://pivot.apache.org/tutorials/
page in order to talk about cell renderers too, existing ones, or to include a link to a page
detailling how to define custom renderer (like the case I mentionned above).