pivot-user mailing list archives

From Taro App <ichize...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pivot Newbie Questions
Date Mon, 24 May 2010 07:08:00 GMT
Hi Greg,

Thank you for your answers. I was using Pivot 1.4, so I could not find
those features you mentioned. If Pivot 1.5 is to be released soon, I
will use it to create my prototype.

FYI, JSF formatting feature is called converters. Converters convert
bound data to string representation on a page, and the other way
around. Standard converters are provied out of the box, such as
converters to format number or date. For example:

<h:inputText value="#{bean.dateData}"><f:convertDateTime
pattern="yyyy-MM-dd"/></h:inputText>
<h:inputText value="#{bean.numberData}"><f:convertNumber
type="currency" currencySymbol="$"
 groupingUsed="true" maxFractionDigits="2"/></h:inputText>

You can also create custom converters. In my JSF application, I use
several custom converters. For example,
- Converter which does trim() or toUpperCase() on input string value
- Converter which converts Boolean data to string Y/N
- Converter which convert 16-digit credit card number to hyphenized format

apptaro