pivot-user mailing list archives

From Taro App <ichize...@gmail.com>
Subject Pivot Newbie Questions
Date Sun, 23 May 2010 03:34:36 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to Pivot and trying to create a prototype application. I was
looking for Flex-like framework in Java, was disappointed by JavaFX,
and I finally found Pivot and got so excited! I had been creating
applications using JSF, but it was not so long before I began seeing
its limitation. Even with some great ajax-enabled components, creating
very complex JSF application is troublesome because it raises issues
such as incompatibility between libraries, slow performance, etc. I'm
thinking that Pivot might be a great framework to replace some of my
complex JSF pages.

In my prototype, I created a OrderHeader data transfer object as POJO:

public class OrderHeader {
	private Long orderId;
	private Date orderDate;
	private String orderChannel;
	private Customer customer;
	// constructor, getters, setters
}

Then I created a form using WTKX and a application logic which does
Form.load(orderHeader).

One problem is that I cannot format orderDate which I display using
Label. It seems there is no way to format out of a box. Should I
extend a Label class and override load() and store()?

Another problem is that ListButton does not seem to support value and
label separation as html <option> tag does. My orderChannel has
internal values such as "INTERNET", but I want to display as
"Internet" in the ListButton. How should I work around this? Should I
extend a ListViewItemRenderer class overriding render() and set it to
the ListButton?

JSF provides very flexible formatting feature, and I wonder Pivot
does/will provide similar feature. (I also need to format numbers and
boolean values in Label, TextInput and TableView.)

apptaro