pivot-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bartlett <cbartlet...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Making a org.apache.pivot.wtk.Dialog resizable
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 19:55:54 GMT
Thanks for the detailed response, Greg.

As this is by design, it would be helpful if the WTKX serializer could spit
out a warning that the supplied style will be fully or partially ignored due
to the absence of preferred widths/heights.

> This would invalidate the caller's presumed intention to have the dialog
sized automatically.
If the code is making assumptions about the caller's intention, which
override explicitly provided styling information, then I really think that a
warning of some sort should be given.

Perhaps I should be thinking of styles more as hints?

Chris