pivot-user mailing list archives

From Todd Volkert <tvolk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is UI like this possible in Flex?
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 21:10:13 GMT
Something like this is definitely possible in Pivot.  If you want to
replicate the exact graphic presentation, then you'll probably need to
create a custom "Panel" class to get that green/grey swishy container.  If
you're ok with Pivot's L&F, then an expander with expandable set to false is
basically the same container.

I'd start by mocking up a static UI in WTKX so you can get a feel for how
it'd look "out of the box" (without any custom skins or components).  Doing
so will:

1) Get you familiar with Pivot's layout constructs
2) Be much quicker than going deep because you can ignore event handlers and
back-end logic
3) Show to the stakeholders what such a UI would look like in Pivot's
default L&F.  Then, if they buy in, you could start wiring it all up.

I took this approach with the Pivot apps I've written, and generally, you
can rapidly prototype a static UI and iron out functional issues before
writing a single line of code.

Cheers,
-T